Montrose Dog Beach is one of the best destinations for Chicago residents to visit with their canine friends. It is a spacious and dog-friendly area located at the north end of Montrose Beach. You may also find some good dog-food trucks making their appearance at the beach on weekends. If you are planning to take your four-legged friend to the beach, you should note Montrose Dog Beach guidelines. Here, we will share certain things you must keep in mind while visiting the beach with your canine.
Montrose Dog Beach Guidelines
The first thing to keep in mind while visiting the Dog-Friendly Area (DFA) is to keep the operating hours in mind. Montrose Dog Beach is open every day from 06:00 AM to 11:00 PM. Therefore, you can plan your visit between these things. Avoid visiting during extreme weather as it may not be healthy for you and your dog. You may also avoid visiting Montrose Dog Beach on weekends to avoid crowds. Besides this, the entrance to Montrose Dog Beach is free.
Rules for Visiting the Montrose Dog Beach
Here are certain rules and regulations that you must adhere to if you are planning to visit Montrose Dog Beach:
- You must keep a watch on your dog at all times.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to and upon leaving the beach.
- You will be legally responsible for any injury caused by your dog.
- You will have to clean up the poop or any mess created by your dog.
- Failure to clean may lead to a fine of up to $500.00.
- Dogs with a known history of dangerous behavior are strictly prohibited.
- If your dog has rabies, your dog will not be allowed or permitted entry to the beach or any DFA in Chicago.
- No food is allowed inside the dog-friendly area.
- All dogs must have a DFA tag. You can certainly get one for your dog from the vet.
- Puppies under four months and female dogs are restricted entry in heat conditions as it can be dangerous for them.
- Remove metal training collars.
- Only three dogs are allowed per person as it can be difficult to handle and pay attention to each dog.
These are some of the Montrose Dog Beach guidelines that you must adhere to. Avoid bringing any kind of food to the beach. There is no rule that dogs have to be off leash or on leash within the area. However, we would suggest you keep your dog on a leash, if you are taking your dog for the first time to the beach. Make sure you clean the garbage and mess created by your dog.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the queries that most people have:
When is the dog beach open?
The dog beach is open 365 days a year. We would suggest you check the weather conditions before planning a visit.
Can I walk my dog to the other side of the beach?
Dogs are strictly not allowed on the other or people’s side of the beach. If you do so, you may be charged and will have to pay a fine.
Are there parking facilities at Montrose Dog Beach?
There is a very small paid parking facility lot available at the entrance of the ramp. However, it is often difficult to find a convenient spot in the parking lot. You may choose other off-site and paid street parking options.
What is that green stuff on the beach?
The green stuff is algae, which usually comes along with the tide.
What is the entry fee for Montrose Dog Beach?
There is no entry fee. All you need to have is a DFA tag to take your dog to any of Chicago’s Dog Parks.
Montrose Dog Beach Guidelines – Summing Up
These are some of the basic guidelines that you must adhere to. Take your dog to such dog-friendly parks and beaches and have a relaxing session with them. Make sure you pack all the essentials before leaving. Stay tuned to Scott and Ben for more such guides and updates related to travel.